Winter Break. It is here. You are in it. So, we invite you to take a moment to PAUSE and CHECK-IN with yourself. REFLECT. How are YOU doing? How are YOU feeling about first semester? What are YOU proud of that you have done? What impact have YOU made on your students? How will YOU stay committed to your goals to eliminate the racial achievement gap? What do YOU need from your equity coach to stay on track?
After you take an internal check, consider the list below.
- Trust yourself. You know what you want and need.
- Let your feelings be known. They are important.
- Put yourself first. You can’t be anything for anybody else unless you take care of yourself.
- Express your opinions. It’s good to hear yourself talk.
- Value your thinking. You do it well.
- Take the time and space you need — even if other people are wanting something from you.
- When you feel like running away, let yourself feel the scare. Think about what you fear will happen and decide what you need to do.
- When you need help, ask.
“WE CANNOT START OVER, BUT WE CAN BEGIN NOW, AND
MAKE A NEW ENDING.” (Zig Ziglar)
Enjoy your well-deserved break,
Joy and Arika